Think Water Whakatane
Join a market leader within the Milking, Pump and Irrigation industry
Work with a superior range of products
Highly valued role within a dynamic team
Family Owned & Operated Business
Company Vehicle, Phone and Laptop
Who we are:
Think Water Whakatane is a specialist Milking Machine, Pump and Irrigation solutions business focused on the design, supply, installation, and maintenance of all the Milking & Water Systems. As part of the Think Water network, the group is committed to providing solutions towards the rapidly changing landscape of management throughout Australasia. Due to increase demand and staff moving out of area, we now require a Dairy/Water Service Technician to join our team and lead from the front.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your primary responsibility will be to diagnose, repair, maintain and install a range of Dairy Milking Plants, Pump’s, and Irrigation equipment for our customers. This will involve, but not limited to, diagnosing, create a solution and carry out works to meet the needs of our customers, whether in the field or in-store as required, completion of all relevant paperwork relating to jobs undertaken both in the workshop and on site, materials take-off and ordering of parts and equipment as required, plan external jobs in conjunction with other staff members and managers in addition to the provision of technical advice and sales support to customers in-store and over the phone.
The Successful Candidate:
To be successful in this role, you will have some experience as full training will be provided in all procedures of repairs and installation of equipment. You will demonstrate a sound knowledge of a variety of all types, the ability to diagnose problems and implement efficient solutions, a proven track record as an effective team player as well as a strong passion for superior customer service delivery. A Class 1 manual drivers’ licence will be mandatory (Is legally permitted to work in NZ).
Highly organised and excellent time management skills
Ability to work autonomously, unsupervised and as part of a team.
Energetic and enthusiastic with a positive outlook
What we Offer:
Opportunities for Professional Development
Wonderful workplace culture within a Family Business
What Whakatane can Offer:
Close proximity to schools from Daycares to Primary through to High School, we have a great range of shopping venues, sports clubs, Hunting & Fishing, great beaches, hiking and some of the best sunshine hours in NZ.
This also may suit someone with Mechanical, Electrical or Plumber knowledge who maybe looking for a change in direction this could be you.
To find out more about this current opportunity within our business, please contact Steve on 0274853735 for a confidential enquiry. Alternatively, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 31st October 2022.
Think Water Cambridge
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Cambridge based Service Department for a Technician to join our fantastic team. If you thrive on being a problem solver and have a background in Pumping, Irrigation, hydraulics or engineering and a willingness to learn, then this is the job for you. Working as a Technician you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled service jobs
- Troubleshooting and remedial work on pumps (on-site and in the workshop)
- Installation of a variety of pumping and water systems
- Liaising with our Customers in a professional manner About you: You are self-motivated, and practical with the ability to fault find and come up with solutions. You enjoy working independently and taking ownership of your jobs while appreciating the support of an experienced Team around you. You will have:
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to diagnose faults and make suitable recommendations to our Customers
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy a job done properly
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Have strong interpersonal skills and communicate in a professional manner Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary
- You will be provided with a vehicle and a mobile phone.
- An employer who is committed to supporting ongoing training
- Hours are Monday to Friday, however you will also be part of an on-call after hours and weekend roster.
- A day in lieu for your Birthday A position description is available on request.
Any application will be treated in the strictest confidence and can be sent directly to email: email@example.com
Think Water Taranaki
Are you a Certified Plumber looking for a change in direction?
At Think Water Taranaki we have an exciting job opportunity for you.
Think Water Taranaki is a diverse business specialising in the Supply and Installation of Water Systems including Tank and Pump Installation and Servicing, Milking Systems and Residential and Commercial Irrigation Systems (with scope for other plumbing work available)
Think Water Taranaki is a business that is always evolving and as a result the diversity of the services we offer is also evolving. Being able to provide the complete solution to our customers is important to us so we are looking for a certified plumber to join our team to help achieve this.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes and skills:
- Has a certifying Plumbing License
- Is legally permitted to work in NZ
- Has a clean and full NZ Drivers License
- Can work unsupervised or within a team
- Is highly motivated and dependable
- Has good communication skills
In return we offer:
- A competitive hourly rate
- Over time rates
- Permanent full-time work
- Variety of work
- A company vehicle and phone
- Health Insurance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- A great company culture
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Steve or Angela Bevan on
06 757 5064 all enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. Alternatively, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Water Taranaki
Think Water Taranaki is a diverse business specialising in Milking Systems, Water Pump Systems, Tank and Pump Installation and Residential and Commercial Irrigation Systems.
Are you interested in Farming, Engineering, Plumbing?
Whether you are a school leaver or someone looking for a change in their career path, we have an exciting opportunity on offer.
Think Water Taranaki are offering an apprenticeship in Dairy Systems, Engineering (Pumping Systems) where you will be working towards becoming a qualified Dairy Systems Technician
As a Dairy Systems Technician you will install, maintain, test, diagnose faults and make recommendations for milking systems, farm water and/or farm dairy effluent systems to keep them running smoothly.
Your workday will never be dull, each day can be quite different, working in a workshop one day and on a farm the next.
You will work under the direction of the Senior Dairy Systems Technician; you will also work alongside our Irrigation Team and our Water Filter Team. So, there is plenty of diversity on offer at Think Water Taranaki as you complete your apprenticeship.
(Specific details on the Apprenticeship can be found on www.nzmpta.co.nz [link removed] – under the apprenticeship section)
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- A responsible and reliable team member who shows initiative and is willing to learn
- Holds a clean NZ Drivers License (restricted class or full)
- Communicate clearly and be able to follow direction
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a positive outlook
In return you will be working for a long established, locally owned business that continues to experience strong growth.
You will be supported through every step of your apprenticeship in this exciting industry.
Remuneration to be negotiated based on previous experience.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Christine Grant, Operations Manager on 06 757 5064 or 027 555 1549. Alternatively, please email your application to email@example.com